Payroll Bureau Spotlight
Our payroll bureau spotlight. Shaw Austin can support you through the year with an agreed fee, based on the size of your payroll.
Getting Payroll Right!
Getting the payroll right first time is a priority for every business and employee. It can be time consuming and costly for businesses to manage their payroll ‘in house’. Payroll can become confusing at points, which is where specialist knowledge will smooth out the process.
Payroll Bureau Spotlight: some of the steps that our payroll bureau carry out include:
- Once the amount of Gross salary has been agreed we calculate the tax, national insurance, and net pay payable to the employee. From this we can supply payslips, a wages book and a monthly summary. The monthly summary details the total PAYE liability due to be paid to HMRC by 22nd of the following month.
- We use a secure payslip portal service called eDoc Deposit to upload the payslips so that all employees have their own unique logon to view their own and only their own payslips.
- We take the wages book which details the full breakdown from gross to net pay for all employees for your reference and upload this to Senta, our secure client portal so that it can be easily accessed.
- A detailed Employer liability schedule is prepared to explain how much should be paid to HMRC using what reference and by when. You are notified of how much pension contributions (if applicable) will be deducted by direct debit and when.
- If required then payslips, wages book and employer liabilities are available in paper format through the post
We ensure that the FPS (Full payroll summary) is filed electronically with HMRC on or before the date of payment.
Should an EPS (Employer payment summary) be needed in the case of any parental pay needing to be reclaimed, then we will ensure that this is filed at the appropriate time.
- An EPS is also needed to claim the Employment Allowance.
- This has increased to £5,000 for the 22/23 tax year.
Where applicable, we will ensure that this is claimed for you.
Submission of the pension contributions is made in time for the direct debits payments to be taken.
- It does not matter if you use NEST, Smart Pension or other providers. We are able to submit to most of the top known schemes.
We will process any new starters. For any leavers we process a P45, which can either be uploaded to eDoc or posted out, as required.
Holiday entitlement will be calculated based upon average hours worked if an employee does variable hours. Standard entitlement is 5.6 weeks holiday a year, including the 8 bank holidays.
We offer a one stop shop to cover all your payroll requirements. Benefit from our 30 plus years’ experience and our access to the CIPP (Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals), should anything unusual crop up.
Our payroll bureau services take the weight off your shoulders.
Give Liz in our payroll bureau a call on Tel: 01244 400244, to discuss how we can help you. Our fixed fees are all based on the number of employees you have and the frequency of the pay run, so the cost is clear and understandable.
Shaw Austin are a firm of Chartered Accountants based in Chester supporting independent business throughout the UK. We take the headache out of business accounting and taxation by providing our clients with a personal service.
This article includes tax rates and allowances correct on date of publishing – tax rates and allowances can change from year to year. This is a general article to assist readers. Professional advice should always be taken in respect of your personal circumstances.
Published May 2022