Supporting our clients and partners
Shaw Austin Chartered Accountants is an independent business based in Chester that works with business throughout the UK.
This is an unsettling time and we have been planning to make sure that we can continue to support our clients and contacts, wherever you may be.
We will keep our social media channels up to date with as much useful information as possible.
You can contact us via:
Telephone – 01244 400244. A messaging service is currently in place.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.shawaustin.co.uk
Twitter – @ShawAustinUK
Linkedin – Search for ‘Shaw Austin’
Document exchange – www.onvio.co.uk
We have made provision for team members to be able to work from home and so there may be times when there may be a short delay in getting back to you. Contact the usual person who you would deal with and they will get back to you. You should never send personal information to us via email.
Meetings and social contact
To limit social contact with others face to face meetings will now be via a telephone or web meeting. You may find tools found at websites such as https://zoom.us/ useful.
Support from the UK government
The Chancellor has set out a package of temporary, timely and targeted measures to support public services, people and businesses through this period of disruption caused by coronavirus.
This includes a package of measures to support businesses including:
- a statutory sick pay relief package for SMEs.
- a 12-month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality and leisure businesses in England
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
- grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme offering loans of up to £5 million for SMEs through the British Business Bank
- a new lending facility from the Bank of England to help support liquidity among larger firms, helping them bridge coronavirus disruption to their cash flows through loans
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme
Full details of this support can be found here
Paying your taxes
During this time HMRC have a dedicated helpline available to support business who are concerned about being able to pay their taxes on time. Further information can be found here
It has already been reported that scammers are using the coronavirus situation to obtain financial information by pretending to be public officials. There is more guidance here on what you can do to protect yourself.
This update was published in March 2020 based on information available at the time. Shaw Austin, your local Chartered Accountants, support business throughout Chester, North Wales, Merseyside, Manchester and the UK.