Help to Grow: Digital
Help to Grow: Digital is a UK-wide government-backed scheme that aims to help business choose, buy and adopt digital technologies that will help you grow.
Help to Grow: Digital offers you financial help to buy digital technology. If you are eligible, you can access a discount of up to 50% on the costs of buying approved software, worth up to £5,000, on the Help to Grow: Digital website.
Discounts will be available for approved software that helps your business to:
- build customer relationships and increase sales
- manage accounts and finances digitally
Quickbooks, which helps business keep track of their accounting records, is a supplier already listed as taking part in this scheme. Shaw Austin are QuickBooks ProAdvisors and can advise on how to use that software properly and effectively.
Additional software products, including e-Commerce software, are expected to become available for Help to Grow: Digital.
All businesses can access the free, impartial advice and guidance on digital technology adoption on the Help to Grow: Digital website.
The financial discount towards purchasing approved digital technologies from technology suppliers listed on the Help to Grow: Digital online platform is available to UK businesses that meet all four eligibility criteria below:
- Your business must have a registered office in the UK (England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland).
- Your business must have been actively trading for over 12 months prior to the date of application and have an incorporation date of, at minimum, 365 days prior to the date of application.
- Your business must have a total of between 5 and 249 employees.
- Your business must be purchasing the approved software for the first time.
Eligible businesses will only receive one discount towards the purchase of one approved software product up to a maximum of £5,000 (not including VAT).
The financial discount covers 12 months’ worth of approved software product core costs, exclusive of VAT.
Shaw Austin are a firm of Chartered Accountants based in Chester supporting independent business throughout the UK. We take the headache out of business accounting and taxation by providing our clients with a personal service.
Published January 2022